Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Terminal Emulation Software

SorathSorath Posts: 26Member
Can you help me out on the most common terminal emulator in the market today? What works with what mainframe and what topologies supported.

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : Can you help me out on the most common terminal emulator in the market today? What works with what mainframe and what topologies supported.
    :
    Check out TinyTerm, by Century software. I use it on SCO UNIX, and it is fabulous. It perfectly emulates the SCO console, as well as IBM, Wyse, and VT.

It works as well on serial as it does on network connections. I use it on WAN connections all the time. It's great!

Melissa

• SorathSorath Posts: 26Member
    : : Can you help me out on the most common terminal emulator in the market today? What works with what mainframe and what topologies supported.
    : :
    : Check out TinyTerm, by Century software. I use it on SCO UNIX, and it is fabulous. It perfectly emulates the SCO console, as well as IBM, Wyse, and VT.
    :
    : It works as well on serial as it does on network connections. I use it on WAN connections all the time. It's great!
    :
    : Melissa
    : Is this emulator the most commonly used one? or mainly used as a single-user emulator?