Inside Bitmaps - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Inside Bitmaps

AmanteAmante Posts: 52Member
Hola,

I'm trying to view a small bitmap on my Dialog Box.

I have the .jpg file, i use VC++ to "cut and paste" inside a new bitmap in the resources. BUT !

The pallette (the colors) of the original jpg (and bitmap) have disappeard, and from the nice picture i had, i have a mearly boering picture.

How can i fix it?

Don.

Comments

• reunionreunion Posts: 12Member
    : Hola,
    :
    : I'm trying to view a small bitmap on my Dialog Box.
    :
    : I have the .jpg file, i use VC++ to "cut and paste" inside a new bitmap in the resources. BUT !
    :
    : The pallette (the colors) of the original jpg (and bitmap) have disappeard, and from the nice picture i had, i have a mearly boering picture.
    :
    : How can i fix it?
    :
    : Don.
    :

I would never use .jpg file. This format damages the graphics.

[green]Reunion[/green]

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Posts: 6,519Member
    You have to re-save this .jpg file into .bmp file and then import it into your VC++ project. That is what I did - and it works, but it will, probably, not allow VC++ to edit/show this bitmap when you in design mode, but as soon as you go into run mode - the dialog shows this image... If you have trouble re-saving it - let me know at: 'codexxi@accessv.com'.