Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to force keystrokes

I'm trying to develop a hardware monitor, and it's almost working. But to finich it, I should turn the signals that I already got from the parallel port, into keystrokes to OTHER application.
I've downloaded the Win98 DDK, and it says about the VKD_Force_Keys and VKD_API_Force_Key functions, but I don't know how to use it in my program because I'm not familiar with Windows programing.
I'm using Boland C++ Bulider 5.0, if it's of some help.
Plz, any help would be fine

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAPosts: 1,035Member
    : I'm trying to develop a hardware monitor, and it's almost working. But to finich it, I should turn the signals that I already got from the parallel port, into keystrokes to OTHER application.
    : I've downloaded the Win98 DDK, and it says about the VKD_Force_Keys and VKD_API_Force_Key functions, but I don't know how to use it in my program because I'm not familiar with Windows programing.
    : I'm using Boland C++ Bulider 5.0, if it's of some help.
    : Plz, any help would be fine
    :
    Well, assuming you know enough Windows programming to create a callback and display your window, you could use PostMessage() to send whatever you need to the window. You could also use SendMessage(), but it waits for the call to be handled before it returns.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

• Will_SantanaWill_Santana Posts: 20Member
    : : I'm trying to develop a hardware monitor, and it's almost working. But to finich it, I should turn the signals that I already got from the parallel port, into keystrokes to OTHER application.
    : : I've downloaded the Win98 DDK, and it says about the VKD_Force_Keys and VKD_API_Force_Key functions, but I don't know how to use it in my program because I'm not familiar with Windows programing.
    : : I'm using Boland C++ Bulider 5.0, if it's of some help.
    : : Plz, any help would be fine
    : :
    : Well, assuming you know enough Windows programming to create a callback and display your window, you could use PostMessage() to send whatever you need to the window. You could also use SendMessage(), but it waits for the call to be handled before it returns.
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]
    :
    :
    Thanks Sephiroth

But I don't know if you've got the idea (I gave too few details).

My device would simulate keystrokes for other applications that are not mine. Such as notepad or a emulator. So I don't know what kinda messages it's waiting.
    I'm posting a more datailed message with this.
    Thanks again, and if you know the answer to the problem, your help will be welcome again !