Railroad Dispatcher Contral Board - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Railroad Dispatcher Contral Board

I belong to a railroad musuem and we have a dispatcher control board. It show a rail line from Herrington, KS to Topeka on the former Rock Island Railroad. The computer that controled the lights was removed by Southern Pacific. We would like the lights to come on in a realistic manner which would simulate trains running over the old line. What we would like is to intreface it with an old 486 or 286. We do not care what port or if we have to buy a board, we want the lights to light. We could replace the small lights with clear leds if that would be better. There are no switches or any electrically devices except for the lights.

Comments

• AcheronAcheron Posts: 26Member

Well, I'm afraid you're probably going to need to hire an Electrical Engineer, unless you know someone who worked with the said device earlier. Without looking at the wiring, I can't really say what you'd need to do to rig a setup like you mentioned, but you could probably wire an interface to a parallel or serial port.

• David_Santa_FeDavid_Santa_Fe Posts: 2Member
    :

Well, I'm afraid you're probably going to need to hire an Electrical Engineer, unless you know someone who worked with the said device earlier. Without looking at the wiring, I can't really say what you'd need to do to rig a setup like you mentioned, but you could probably wire an interface to a parallel or serial port.

:
    : The only wiring that we have on the board is two wires from each light and they are just hanging in the air. What We need is the interface you talk about. Where can we find the design for one?
    David

• kc0ivkc0iv Posts: 1Member
    : :

: :
    : : The only wiring that we have on the board is two wires from each light and they are just hanging in the air. What We need is the interface you talk about. Where can we find the design for one?
    : David
    :
    :

If you can give a little information as to the voltage and currect requirements of the lamps and the number of lamps maybe I can give you a few ideas.

kc0iv