Making a device to use the parallel port - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Making a device to use the parallel port

Okay, i can make a device that works up to the point that i want to send the data to the parallel port.

[info]
basically this device is nothing more than a few buttons and a fader + ADC and some logic gates. i basically want to send the 'state' of the buttons (1 pin per button) and the fader (8 pins).

I don't want any 'lag' on the fader and buttons (i'm not anticipating too much on the side of the buttons) that's why i need a contiuous feed (while the faders moving at least).
[/info]

i can set the pins i need to high and decode it in the software or driver.

[question]
what do i need to do? is it simply drivers? or do i need to do all this, set the RLSD pin high and DRC low and only THEN it can send data 1 bit at a time, and all that junk that i've read about. if so are there any chips which'll do most of that work for me? do you know another way to do what i need.
[/question]