Messageboard upgraded - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Messageboard upgraded

WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
The messageboard was today internally reconstructed to make way for even more cool features. If you find any bugs, please let me know.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : The messageboard was today internally reconstructed to make way for even more cool features. If you find any bugs, please let me know.
    :
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :

My preferences are set to "show threads created or replied to since your last login". It doesn't appear to be working, I get "all threads".

Myabe a bug?:
    My preferences are also set to not notify me of anything and to not include my signature (which is blank). However, those two checkboxes (below the textinput when posting) appear to get randomly selected. Usually it's just the bookmark one, sometimes both, sometimes the signature. With my preferences set the way they are, will those checks make a difference?

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Thanks for finding that bugs, they should all have been fixed now.

• Eric TetzEric Tetz Posts: 2,141Member
    : Thanks for finding that bugs, they should all have been fixed now.

Um, they're still not fixed. My default is 'show threads' - I don't get threads. Looks like a boolean is reversed somewhere - if the page says "Threads: show" threads are hidden, if the page says "Threads: hide" threads are shown. You can go to any board and try it for yourself.

Cheers,
    Eric

I did changed the logic order of the threads function because I wanted to make it more logic and clearer.

So, now it should be representing the current state of the function instead of what you can get if you click on that link.

Its more obvious if you look at the Sort By: function. Now it should also display the current mode, instead of what you can get.

I hope you like this change.

: I did changed the logic order of the threads function because I wanted to make it more logic and clearer.
    :
    : So, now it should be representing the current state of the function instead of what you can get if you click on that link.
    :
    : Its more obvious if you look at the Sort By: function. Now it should also display the current mode, instead of what you can get.
    :
    : I hope you like this change.
    :
    :
    :
    :

Not really. If it reflects the current state, then it should be more like:

Threads: Shown change
    Threads: Hidden change

This makes it an adjective instead of a verb and moves the link to a verb. A command (link) should be a verb indicating what that command does instead of an adjective indicating what won't be when you click it.

(I know. The word won't be underlined. But we have no power to underline with this new script.)

Hi

I made some changes to the layout of the SortBy/Threads menu and I hope you like the new version?

: Hi
    :
    : I made some changes to the layout of the SortBy/Threads menu and I hope you like the new version?
    :
    :
    :
    :

Yes, much better! Thanks again!