3D Floors/Walls with bitmaps... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

3D Floors/Walls with bitmaps...

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAPosts: 1,035Member
Hello, people. I can't figure out how to transform a 256x256x16bpp bitmap into a parralellogram to look 3D in a game I am working on. I have the engine up, and can easily load and display textures, but it will show just what it loaded, a square image. There goes any depth perception. Here is what I would like to figure out how to do.

Change this square bitmap:

[code]
+------+
| |
| |
| |
+------+

Into this:

|
| |
|/
/
[/code]

I can successfully stretch images with StretchBlt (this is a Windows game) and display it, but shape transformation I cannot do. If it helps, this engine is going to be an older-style engine (like on Dungeon Hack) that uses a matrix (50x50) to detect walls/collisions, and the player can only face in the four primary directions (n/e/w/s). Thanks in advance to any help that I can get.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

Comments