3D Floors/Walls with bitmaps... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

3D Floors/Walls with bitmaps...

SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAPosts: 1,035Member
Hello, people. I can't figure out how to transform a 256x256x16bpp bitmap into a parralellogram to look 3D in a game I am working on. I have the engine up, and can easily load and display textures, but it will show just what it loaded, a square image. There goes any depth perception. Here is what I would like to figure out how to do.

Change this square bitmap:

[code]
+------+
| |
| |
| |
+------+

Into this:

|
| |
|/
/
[/code]

I can successfully stretch images with StretchBlt (this is a Windows game) and display it, but shape transformation I cannot do. If it helps, this engine is going to be an older-style engine (like on Dungeon Hack) that uses a matrix (50x50) to detect walls/collisions, and the player can only face in the four primary directions (n/e/w/s). Thanks in advance to any help that I can get.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red]

Comments

• AlienripperAlienripper Posts: 133Member
    OpenGL could be the answer. It's quite easy to learn and it can display your bitmap easily as 2 triangles. If your using Visual Basic I'm not sure how to use OpenGL but with Visual C/C++ or Dev-C++ it's easy...