desperate for Qbasic compiler - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

desperate for Qbasic compiler

esme thringpuresme thringpur Posts: 5Member
My husband is writing a new program in Qbasic4.5 to operate my weaving looms and we are looking for a Quick basic comipiler. Last night I found one and we downloaded it However the linker couldn't access a file called qblnk.tmp and returns an error.
Can anyone help so I can get back to weaving?

Comments

• PuzzlerPuzzler Posts: 208Member
    : My husband is writing a new program in Qbasic4.5 to operate my weaving looms and we are looking for a Quick basic comipiler. Last night I found one and we downloaded it However the linker couldn't access a file called qblnk.tmp and returns an error.
    : Can anyone help so I can get back to weaving?
    :

OK... Send me an email with the program attached (I just want to look at it) and I will reply with an that has the QB 4.5 installation program. K?

• esme thringpuresme thringpur Posts: 5Member
    : : My husband is writing a new program in Qbasic4.5 to operate my weaving looms and we are looking for a Quick basic comipiler. Last night I found one and we downloaded it However the linker couldn't access a file called qblnk.tmp and returns an error.
    : : Can anyone help so I can get back to weaving?
    : :
    :
    : OK... Send me an email with the program attached (I just want to look at it) and I will reply with an that has the QB 4.5 installation program. K?
    :
    :Thank you. We seem to have solved the problem - found a copy of the programme. Thanks again

• BASIC FriendBASIC Friend Posts: 354Member
    : My husband is writing a new program in Qbasic4.5 to operate my weaving looms and we are looking for a Quick basic comipiler. Last night I found one and we downloaded it However the linker couldn't access a file called qblnk.tmp and returns an error.
    : Can anyone help so I can get back to weaving?
    :
    How did you do that? I would love to control my lathe with qb.

: : My husband is writing a new program in Qbasic4.5 to operate my weaving looms and we are looking for a Quick basic comipiler. Last night I found one and we downloaded it However the linker couldn't access a file called qblnk.tmp and returns an error.
    : How did you do that? I would love to control my lathe with qb.

: My husband is busy at the moment - so when I can, I will get him to reply to your question. In the next couple of days I think.
    :

: How did you do that? I would love to control my lathe with qb.
    :
    :We used the parallel port which provides both outputs and inputs. The outputs allow you to control solonoids and or relays. The inputs allow you to get information from sensors like switches etc. Basic allows you to read and write to the printer port via INP and OUT commands. The reason we were after Quickbasic rather than just normal basic is that it allows you to compile the programme into a stand alone executable. The operation requires some electronics to build an interface between the parallel port to the mechanism to be controlled.
    Hope this helps.

• billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    Which ports did you use for INP + OUT. I'm interested alot in programming the printer port.

: : : My husband is writing a new program in Qbasic4.5 to operate my weaving looms and we are looking for a Quick basic comipiler. Last night I found one and we downloaded it However the linker couldn't access a file called qblnk.tmp and returns an error.
    : : : Can anyone help so I can get back to weaving?
    : : :
    : : How did you do that? I would love to control my lathe with qb.
    : :We used the parallel port which provides both outputs and inputs. The outputs allow you to control solonoids and or relays. The inputs allow you to get information from sensors like switches etc. Basic allows you to read and write to the printer port via INP and OUT commands. The reason we were after Quickbasic rather than just normal basic is that it allows you to compile the programme into a stand alone executable. The operation requires some electronics to build an interface between the parallel port to the mechanism to be controlled.
    : Hope this helps.
    :
    :

We used the parallel printer port for both INP and OUT. The printer's data port has 8 lines normally configured for output, a status port involving 5 lines normally configured for input and a control port involving 4 lines normally configured for output. We used the data port for output and the status port for input. The name of the book that has this information is PC Interfacing by Pei An, published by Newnes 1998. Hope this helps.....

: Which ports did you use for INP + OUT. I'm interested alot in programming the printer port.
    :
    :
    : : : : My husband is writing a new program in Qbasic4.5 to operate my weaving looms and we are looking for a Quick basic comipiler. Last night I found one and we downloaded it However the linker couldn't access a file called qblnk.tmp and returns an error.
    : : : : Can anyone help so I can get back to weaving?
    : : : :
    : : : How did you do that? I would love to control my lathe with qb.
    : : :
    : : :We used the parallel port which provides both outputs and inputs. The outputs allow you to control solonoids and or relays. The inputs allow you to get information from sensors like switches etc. Basic allows you to read and write to the printer port via INP and OUT commands. The reason we were after Quickbasic rather than just normal basic is that it allows you to compile the programme into a stand alone executable. The operation requires some electronics to build an interface between the parallel port to the mechanism to be controlled.
    : : Hope this helps.
    :
    :

• billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    Thanks a bunch. i'll look for that book

: We used the parallel printer port for both INP and OUT. The printer's data port has 8 lines normally configured for output, a status port involving 5 lines normally configured for input and a control port involving 4 lines normally configured for output. We used the data port for output and the status port for input. The name of the book that has this information is PC Interfacing by Pei An, published by Newnes 1998. Hope this helps.....