Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Beginning Programmers

Hi, me and a friend are starting out with c++ and we wanted to make a 3d chat program to start out with, where we can move around and do little things like play catch....But we dont really have any good programming background skills. Any good suggestions?

-Maelstrom
scuzlbut07@aol.com

Comments

• Sand_Hawk9Sand_Hawk9 Posts: 233Member
    Hi,

take one advice! Begin simple. So just start on some other things like a 3D chat box. Make a simple game 2D game to try out you're programming ability. After you made a couple of these games you create an scrolling game of somthing like that. After that you can do 3D graphics and make you're chat room. The simple 2D games are for you a way to learn to program. You just can't make an chatroom with almost zero programming Xperience. Most of the gameprogrammers have years of Xperience and even they begun with simple platform games. For xample, try to make an arkanoid clone(You control an paddle and you must destroy all blocks using a ball. I tried it in the beginning of my programming with the Idea of: I gonna make a game cause it can't be that hard. WRONG!!!! It's harder than you think. So it;s crucial that what ever you make, the whole cyclus is:
    70% planning
    10% coding
    20% debugging

Before you make you're chatroom make actionlists, PSD and sort of. If you don't know what a PSD or actionlist is you can mail me.

Sand Hawk ( vdwillik@yahoo.com )