Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Assembler convert

baytekinbaytekin Posts: 4Member
Hello to you all from Turkey
I need a program that converts assembler sourcecode to basic (or pascal) sourcecode.
A kind of translator. Can I find a program (dos or windows no problem) for this?
I need it because I can't understand assembler,I need to convert asm code to a higher level language. Is it possible? If so where can I find a program?
Thanks

Comments

• billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    I sincerely doubt there are programs out there that do that, and do it WELL. The problem with converting from ASM to a high-level language is that each ASM command is so elementary, that when many are put together, it takes human comprehension to translate a program back into a language like BASIC. What i mean is, there are quite a few ways in ASM you could write a PRINT statement, numerous ways to plot a pixel like PSET does, and so on. You just really can't reverse engineer it into BASIC unless you do it yourself.

: Hello to you all from Turkey
    : I need a program that converts assembler sourcecode to basic (or pascal) sourcecode.
    : A kind of translator. Can I find a program (dos or windows no problem) for this?
    : I need it because I can't understand assembler,I need to convert asm code to a higher level language. Is it possible? If so where can I find a program?
    : Thanks
    :

• cutetigercutetiger Posts: 7Member
    I come from China.I have one tool to convert ASM to BASIC,
    If you want,please send me email:duanweigang@yeah.net