Assembler convert - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Assembler convert

baytekinbaytekin Posts: 4Member
Hello to you all from Turkey
I need a program that converts assembler sourcecode to basic (or pascal) sourcecode.
A kind of translator. Can I find a program (dos or windows no problem) for this?
I need it because I can't understand assembler,I need to convert asm code to a higher level language. Is it possible? If so where can I find a program?
Thanks

Comments

• billywm664billywm664 Posts: 176Member
    I sincerely doubt there are programs out there that do that, and do it WELL. The problem with converting from ASM to a high-level language is that each ASM command is so elementary, that when many are put together, it takes human comprehension to translate a program back into a language like BASIC. What i mean is, there are quite a few ways in ASM you could write a PRINT statement, numerous ways to plot a pixel like PSET does, and so on. You just really can't reverse engineer it into BASIC unless you do it yourself.

: Hello to you all from Turkey
    : I need a program that converts assembler sourcecode to basic (or pascal) sourcecode.
    : A kind of translator. Can I find a program (dos or windows no problem) for this?
    : I need it because I can't understand assembler,I need to convert asm code to a higher level language. Is it possible? If so where can I find a program?
    : Thanks
    :

• cutetigercutetiger Posts: 7Member
    I come from China.I have one tool to convert ASM to BASIC,
    If you want,please send me email:[email protected]