Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MP3 Server

Hi,

I'v succeeded in building an MP3 server that reads an MP3 from disk and sends it in real-time over the network. I've also built a client that plays the stream, also in real-time. They're both working really well, but...

I'd like to add the Real-Time protocol to my server. That way there will be no more gaps between the frames, and the sound quality should improve.

Can anyone give me an example of a simple RTP program, including headerfiles and stuff, to get me started. I'm programming in C, using Borland's C++ 5.01 compiler. My OS is Windows 98.

Thanx in advance

Stijn Van De Putte

Comments

• sumitsumit Posts: 4Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I'v succeeded in building an MP3 server that reads an MP3 from disk and sends it in real-time over the network. I've also built a client that plays the stream, also in real-time. They're both working really well, but...
    :
    : I'd like to add the Real-Time protocol to my server. That way there will be no more gaps between the frames, and the sound quality should improve.
    :
    : Can anyone give me an example of a simple RTP program, including headerfiles and stuff, to get me started. I'm programming in C, using Borland's C++ 5.01 compiler. My OS is Windows 98.
    :
    : Thanx in advance
    :
    : Stijn Van De Putte
    :
    :
    :

• sumitsumit Posts: 4Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I'v succeeded in building an MP3 server that reads an MP3 from disk and sends it in real-time over the network. I've also built a client that plays the stream, also in real-time. They're both working really well, but...
    : : I'd like to add the Real-Time protocol to my server. That way there will be no more gaps between the frames, and the sound quality should improve.
    : : Can anyone give me an example of a simple RTP program, including headerfiles and stuff, to get me started. I'm programming in C, using Borland's C++ 5.01 compiler. My OS is Windows 98.
    : : Thanx in advance
    : : Stijn Van De Putte

Hi Stijn
    i am wanting to design and implement a buffer sharing algo for multimedia applications, could u give me some kind of a lead from where to start? a sample server-client programe with some kind of buffer applications would be an added help.
    thanxs
    :
    :