Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Perl compiling

wakeywakey Posts: 1Member
Do anyone how to type, when I am for first time are going to compile a perlprog. with librays included in Linux. I tried to compile with "make makefile.PL" but it says "There are no script to run".

Comments

• garwaingarwain Posts: 297Member
    makefile.PL is a perl script which you run, not compile.
    try
    >./makefile.PL

that should generate the makefile that you use the make command on.

: Do anyone how to type, when I am for first time are going to compile a perlprog. with librays included in Linux. I tried to compile with "make makefile.PL" but it says "There are no script to run".
    :

• TLDTLD Posts: 63Member
    Are you trying to compile the perl binary, so that you can
    begin writing perl scripts, or are you refering to compiling
    a perl script of your own creation?

Just in case there is any confusion, perl scripts are not
    compiled as you would compile C/c++, or even java source.
    The perl script is interpreted at run time.

TLD

• DrGonzoDrGonzo Posts: 41Member
    hehe....just becareful.....it almost looked like you were saying c/c++ compiling is the same as java compiling. Java is still sort of an interpreted language, it's just pre-compiled into byte-code, that JITC/JVM can read. That's why it's still damn slow compared to C++ and especially C.

: Are you trying to compile the perl binary, so that you can
    : begin writing perl scripts, or are you refering to compiling
    : a perl script of your own creation?
    :
    : Just in case there is any confusion, perl scripts are not
    : compiled as you would compile C/c++, or even java source.
    : The perl script is interpreted at run time.
    :
    : TLD
    :
    :