School Project - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

School Project

SeanSean Posts: 1Member
I now have a school project due within the next few days and I need to shut down a win98 machine using Qbasic. I've explored all the books and online guides that I could fine, and I haven't found a thing. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Sean

Comments

• deldel Posts: 51Member
    : I now have a school project due within the next few days and I need to shut down a win98 machine using Qbasic. I've explored all the books and online guides that I could fine, and I haven't found a thing. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Here is a previous post I have written:

It is possible to shutdown Windows from within your QB program. Here is an example that prompts the user to restart the computer:
    [code]SHELL "start rundll shell.dll,RestartDialog"[/code]
    For other shutdown commands, check out http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html and click on "Batch Files" on the left-hand side, and then click "Shutdown". All the commands listed on the website need the SHELL keyword at the front if you are using them in QB.

• AlienripperAlienripper Posts: 133Member
    You could also use CALL ABSOLUTE to reboot your computer directly, but Windows wouldn't like it...

I don't remember the bytes you should run but asm directives
    were kind of like:

jmp 0000:0f00

It reboots ! (maybe)