Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

School Project

SeanSean Posts: 1Member
I now have a school project due within the next few days and I need to shut down a win98 machine using Qbasic. I've explored all the books and online guides that I could fine, and I haven't found a thing. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Sean

Comments

• deldel Posts: 51Member
    : I now have a school project due within the next few days and I need to shut down a win98 machine using Qbasic. I've explored all the books and online guides that I could fine, and I haven't found a thing. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Here is a previous post I have written:

It is possible to shutdown Windows from within your QB program. Here is an example that prompts the user to restart the computer:
    [code]SHELL "start rundll shell.dll,RestartDialog"[/code]
    For other shutdown commands, check out http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html and click on "Batch Files" on the left-hand side, and then click "Shutdown". All the commands listed on the website need the SHELL keyword at the front if you are using them in QB.

• AlienripperAlienripper Posts: 133Member
    You could also use CALL ABSOLUTE to reboot your computer directly, but Windows wouldn't like it...

I don't remember the bytes you should run but asm directives
    were kind of like:

jmp 0000:0f00

It reboots ! (maybe)