Corrupted msg board? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Corrupted msg board?

In the C/C++ message board something strange has happened. If you look the messageboard page, you will see something like the following (ignore the colors):[code][red]MFC window/dialog object?[/red]
[blue]Live update[/Blue]
[red] Re: MFC quiz! (easy for you)
CocaCola write....
Re: CocaCola write....
Re: CocaCola write....[/red][/code]But if you enter the "Live update" thread, you will find no replies. Where are them? Reading the "Re: MFC quiz! (easy for you)" reply, I've noticed it is an answer to the "MFC window/dialog object" question. Effectively, if you go into this thread, you see the replies which seemed to be related to the 2nd line. I mean the page should show:[code][blue]Live update[/Blue]
[red]MFC window/dialog object?
Re: MFC quiz! (easy for you)
CocaCola write....
Re: CocaCola write....[/red][/code]This is how the threads are actually related. Got what I mean?

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Thanks for noticing that.

The problem was that somehow, that the base message of the
    thread "Re: MFC quiz! (easy for you)" was marked as offline/for deleting and that message is not listed in the main messagelist.

So, I reactivated that message and now the thread looks like:

[code]
    : [blue]MFC quiz! (easy for you)[/Blue]
    : [red] Re: MFC quiz! (easy for you)
    : CocaCola write....
    : Re: CocaCola write....
    : Re: CocaCola write....
    : Re: CocaCola write....[/red][/code]

So, (lucky me) it was not a major corruption in the database.

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]