What about Macintosh? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

What about Macintosh?

Hello, world!
My name is Dr. COM WIZ. I am a 13-year-old QBasic programer who loves to create games and animation for DOS. I recently got into Macintosh programming with Future BASIC and I really like using it. However, like any other programmer, I find several road blocks in game development for Macintosh, since my proficiency is with PC. That is, DOS and Windows. Usually, when ever I am having trouble, I have some nice online guys willing to answer my questions like BASIC Friend, Del, KissMyAsm, and others. I always wanted to post questions on your Macintosh messageboard, but there's only 1 problem: [size=5] There isn't one! :-o [/size] As I said before, I can comfortably find my way around DOS and Windows, but I know not a single Mac man (or Mac girl). It would be very helpful to me (and other Mac programmers who didn't bother to ask) if you added Macintosh to the list of OSs in the Message board list.

Wait a second, though...People wouldn't be intersted in asking Mac questions unless they ran into Mac software. We can fix that. I know of a couple of places where Mac freeware and shareware compilers are available. If you're intrested, I can search them up and give you the URLs. This will give programmers yet another reason to visit heaven--Programmer's Heaven!

This has been,
Dr. COM WIZ
PS Thank you and goodnight!

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Hi

Sure, If you submit Macintosh content (files, links or articles)
    then I will add it to the site.

/WEBMASTER
    [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

• Dr. COM WIZDr. COM WIZ Posts: 74Member
    : Hi
    :
    : Sure, If you submit Macintosh content (files, links or articles)
    : then I will add it to the site.
    :
    : /WEBMASTER
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    : Hello, Mr. Webmaster Guy. This is Dr. COM WIZ. I'm sorry I took so long to reply. I've been busy. Did you know that I'm creating my own website?

Anyway, all that I can give you at this time are just links to other websites that can be extremly useful for Mac programmers.

1) Did you know that there's a way to turn your PC into a Mac? It's definitly possible! The two world's have finally colided!
    Wait a second, how [italic] do [/italic] you do it? Well, this can be done using a kind of software called an Emulator, so don't have to take anything apart. Some emulators are free and some are costly. Each emulator has it's own style and each gives you a lot of that easy Macintosh experience that you always loved, and you can run just about any Mac program on your PC, all without having to delete Windows, or burn a hole in your hard disk! To learn all about emulators, click on: http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/macemu/

2) Program your Macintosh in the best BASIC ever! It has a delightful interface and brings the ease of BASIC to your Mac, containing stuff you'll never see in good old MS-DOS QBasic! It's called FutureBASIC^3 and is very useful for creating complicated programs. I haven't used it much yet, but from what I saw, I LOVE it! Now, you'll be able to put your Mac emulator to work!
    Learn more and download FutureBASIC^3 here: www.stazsoftware.com/fb.html

3) Another BASIC compiler for Macs--METAL. I haven't tried it yet, but it [italic] is [/italic] freeware and the site brags about it like it's a revolutionary compiler. It probrably is, though. However, I'll find that out after I try it. Learn more and download METAL here: www.lit.edu/~sarmar/GDS/metal.html

Note: I wrote down this link without cutting and pasting. So if it doesn't work, just search for METAL BASIC on a search engine.

Well, that's all for now. I tried to make these invitations apealing, so when I said "a software called an emulator," I wasn't suggesting that you don't know what an emulator is. This is addressed to other people who might read this.

About the Macintosh messageboard that I suggested earlier, maybe the first issues can be about the software that I mentioned above. One can ask a question maybe about programming the Mac or getting around the emulator. Then, this web site will tuly be a PorgrammerHeaven! :-)

This has been,
    Dr. COM WIZ

• Dr. COM WIZDr. COM WIZ Posts: 74Member
    : Hi
    :
    : Sure, If you submit Macintosh content (files, links or articles)
    : then I will add it to the site.
    :
    : /WEBMASTER
    : [blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]
    :
    : Hello, Mr. Webmaster Guy. This is Dr. COM WIZ. I'm sorry I took so long to reply. I've been busy. Did you know that I'm creating my own website?

Anyway, all that I can give you at this time are just links to other websites that can be extremly useful for Mac programmers.

1) Did you know that there's a way to turn your PC into a Mac? It's definitly possible! The two world's have finally colided!
    Wait a second, how [italic] do [/italic] you do it? Well, this can be done using a kind of software called an Emulator, so don't have to take anything apart. Some emulators are free and some are costly. Each emulator has it's own style and each gives you a lot of that easy Macintosh experience that you always loved, and you can run just about any Mac program on your PC, all without having to delete Windows, or burn a hole in your hard disk! To learn all about emulators, click on: http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/macemu/

2) Program your Macintosh in the best BASIC ever! It has a delightful interface and brings the ease of BASIC to your Mac, containing stuff you'll never see in good old MS-DOS QBasic! It's called FutureBASIC^3 and is very useful for creating complicated programs. I haven't used it much yet, but from what I saw, I LOVE it! Now, you'll be able to put your Mac emulator to work!
    Learn more and download FutureBASIC^3 here: www.stazsoftware.com/fb.html

3) Another BASIC compiler for Macs--METAL. I haven't tried it yet, but it [italic] is [/italic] freeware and the site brags about it like it's a revolutionary compiler. It probrably is, though. However, I'll find that out after I try it. Learn more and download METAL here: www.lit.edu/~sarmar/GDS/metal.html

Note: I wrote down this link without cutting and pasting. So if it doesn't work, just search for METAL BASIC on a search engine.

Well, that's all for now. I tried to make these invitations apealing, so when I said "a software called an emulator," I wasn't suggesting that you don't know what an emulator is. This is addressed to other people who might read this.

About the Macintosh messageboard that I suggested earlier, maybe the first issues can be about the software that I mentioned above. One can ask a question maybe about programming the Mac or getting around the emulator. Then, this web site will tuly be a PorgrammerHeaven! :-)

This has been,
    Dr. COM WIZ

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Thanks for the links, I will add them ASAP.

If you get hold of other links to sites or articles, then
    email me and I will add them. I could realy get some help here to add more Mac/PowerPC/680x0 links/files/articles.

/WEBMASTER

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]