Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Username

LucLuc Posts: 7Member
Hi All,

Do anyone now, how i can find the current username using API or retrieve the username from the registry files?

I want to use this in my VBA modules as protection for some users.

Thanks

Luc

Comments

• TomGTomG Posts: 9Member
    : Hi Luc,

you can use the following:

dim user as string
    dim lenght as long

lenght = 100
    user = Space(lenght)

GetUserName user, lenght

txtuser = user

getusername is a function you can find with API-viewer, copy it and place it in a separate module.
    I think it might work like that

• LucLuc Posts: 7Member
    : : Hi Luc,
    :
    : you can use the following:
    :
    : dim user as string
    : dim lenght as long
    :
    : lenght = 100
    : user = Space(lenght)
    :
    : GetUserName user, lenght
    :
    : txtuser = user
    :
    :
    : getusername is a function you can find with API-viewer, copy it and place it in a separate module.
    : I think it might work like that
    :
    Thanks Tom