Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Microsoft's friggin' compiler

Hey all

I'm running into trouble adjusting to Microsoft's Visual C/C++ IDE. I'm looking for it's version of fnsplit() but I can't find it at all. I figured it would be in DIR.H but that header file does not even exist as far as cl.exe goes.

So, I believe this question would be aimed at someone who is versed in the idosyncrasies of Microsoft and it's compilers.

TIA
matrael

Comments

• pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    fnsplit is not ansi, its a borland specific function. why on earth did u expect u'd find it in VC?

anyways _splitpath in VS's stdlib.h works the same

: Hey all
    :
    : I'm running into trouble adjusting to Microsoft's Visual C/C++ IDE. I'm looking for it's version of fnsplit() but I can't find it at all. I figured it would be in DIR.H but that header file does not even exist as far as cl.exe goes.
    :
    : So, I believe this question would be aimed at someone who is versed in the idosyncrasies of Microsoft and it's compilers.
    :
    : TIA
    : matrael
    :