Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Control Panel and NT Cmd

Hi all

From the command line I am trying to open the Date/Time control panel extension at the TimeZone tab.

Any ideas

Cheers

Sam

Comments

• ColdShineColdShine Posts: 597Member
    Which version of Windows do you have? I only have a single tab, with a ComboBox for the choice of the Time zone. Should your program do such things on my computer, it might get errors.
    ________
    [size=1][b][grey]Cold[/grey][blue]Shine[/blue][/b][/size]

• Stoic JokerStoic Joker Posts: 84Member
    : Hi all
    :
    : From the command line I am trying to open the Date/Time control panel extension at the TimeZone tab.
    :
    : Any ideas
    :
    : Cheers
    :
    : Sam
    :
    :
    :

Greetings
    From the command line I'm not sure you can specify the tab, running timedate.cpl (or control.exe timedate.cpl) will bring up the applet. In C++ I've used
    WinExec(("control.exe desk.cpl, display,1"),SW_SHOW);
    to bring up the display options with the the ScreenSaver tab showing. Replaceing desk.cpl with timedate.cpl in the same code should do it. Assumeing Msoft included the display X tab code in that applet. The Forum I got the code from mentioned It's missing from some of the applets, Different departments / different projects etc.

Hope this is helpfull
    Stoic Joker

• pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    u can do this from the CMD

start control.exe timedate.cpl

: : Hi all
    : :
    : : From the command line I am trying to open the Date/Time control panel extension at the TimeZone tab.
    : : Any ideas
    : : Cheers
    : : Sam
    :
    :
    : Greetings
    : From the command line I'm not sure you can specify the tab, running timedate.cpl (or control.exe timedate.cpl) will bring up the applet. In C++ I've used
    : WinExec(("control.exe desk.cpl, display,1"),SW_SHOW);
    : to bring up the display options with the the ScreenSaver tab showing. Replaceing desk.cpl with timedate.cpl in the same code should do it. Assumeing Msoft included the display X tab code in that applet. The Forum I got the code from mentioned It's missing from some of the applets, Different departments / different projects etc.
    :
    : Hope this is helpfull
    : Stoic Joker
    :