alpha-beta searching with time limitation

Hi. I am currently looking for an example on alpha-beta search with can search based on the time limitation.

Let's say you give it depth 10. While it found out it is near the time limitation (let's say time limi is 10 seconds and it reach 9 seconds, it will reduce other branch depth and return the best result in excatly 10 seconds.

do any one have example of this source code in java since i need to use this features in my board game program.

thanks

regards
yccheok

Comments

• : Hi. I am currently looking for an example on alpha-beta search with can search based on the time limitation.
    :
    : Let's say you give it depth 10. While it found out it is near the time limitation (let's say time limi is 10 seconds and it reach 9 seconds, it will reduce other branch depth and return the best result in excatly 10 seconds.
    :
    : do any one have example of this source code in java since i need to use this features in my board game program.
    :
    : thanks
    :
    : regards
    : yccheok
    :
    :

sorry, i havnt got any source available. if you want it to stop at exactly 10 sec, you would place a time check on every node (or just every leaf node would be better) and if time is up, you would need to make sure you change any best path pointers etc before returning early from the recursive function. if youre using hash tables, make sure they get updated properly. i wrote a chess program in C once that worked fine doing this.