Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Algorithm for ???

CveleCvele Posts: 96Member
I need an principle to get my program sorting basic geometric shapes (triangles and quadrangles) into a large rectangle. User is asked to input angles, dimenzions and number of shapes, and program is suposed to sort them all into rectangle whose dimensions are alredy known, and whose surface is graiter then addition of all entered shapes' surfaces, so the surface left on the big guy is as much like a rectangle itself as possible... Interesting, huh?
I donnt know how to characterize this, as an geometry problem, a logic problem, or what... Anyway, when I try to think of any way to do this, I just donnt know where to start from...
Can someone come to just anything about this, please?

Comments

• Richard13Richard13 Posts: 6Member
    : I need an principle to get my program sorting basic geometric shapes (triangles and quadrangles) into a large rectangle. User is asked to input angles, dimenzions and number of shapes, and program is suposed to sort them all into rectangle whose dimensions are alredy known, and whose surface is graiter then addition of all entered shapes' surfaces, so the surface left on the big guy is as much like a rectangle itself as possible... Interesting, huh?
    : I donnt know how to characterize this, as an geometry problem, a logic problem, or what... Anyway, when I try to think of any way to do this, I just donnt know where to start from...
    : Can someone come to just anything about this, please?
    :

huuuu

try a genetic algorithm, you'll find free libraries on the web, every input has a number, every known rectangle another, match random inputs in rectangles and the entire collection of such pairs will make a solution, make 20, 30 solutions and apply the genetic algorithm, your goal is to minimize the entire left area; something like that

if u want to obtain money from this tell me at dselaru@usa.net, maybe we can do something :-))))

• CveleCvele Posts: 96Member
    : huuuu
    :
    : try a genetic algorithm, you'll find free libraries on the web, every input has a number, every known rectangle another, match random inputs in rectangles and the entire collection of such pairs will make a solution, make 20, 30 solutions and apply the genetic algorithm, your goal is to minimize the entire left area; something like that
    :
    : if u want to obtain money from this tell me at dselaru@usa.net, maybe we can do something :-))))
    :

Yeah, I wanted, but I realized that algorithm would be too much for me to make. It was ment to serve for some carpenter factory, as for a man it takes few days to complete the task, so they would pay good. Now you know where to sell your program, if you make it:)

bye

We are a software company and our last project was just you want to do. So, I think is more usefull for both to sale our product in Yugoslavia. There is two ways; you'll buy the entire software with sources (the price is somewhere between 5000-10000$) and you don't have the permision to sale out of Yugoslavia or you'll become our reseler for Yugoslavia (now our price is 300$/licence) and for example the price for you is 150$/licence.
    Now we develope a software for furniture design; is almost finished so we can collaborate in new project in the future.
    Tell me more about you and what your decision

sincerely yours
    Dan
    bye

Sounds a bit interesting, but could you be more precise about what your software does? Thanx!

Sounds a bit interesting, but could you be more precise about what your software does? Thanx!

If you send me an e-mail address I'll give you a demo and after your comments I'll answer to your questions.

Dan

: If you send me an e-mail address I'll give you a demo and after your comments I'll answer to your questions.
    :
    : Dan
    :
    :

hmmm.. Is there any special reason you are not sending me a preview of your program? I mailed you about 2 weeks ago. In case you donnt check mail, my mail is ulezacvenje@yahoo.com

Cvele

Hello??

Anybody there?

Sorry, my demo is romanian and my programmers was in holliday, I hope next week everything will be done and I'll send you the demo.

Sorry again
    Dan Selaru

: Sorry, my demo is romanian and my programmers was in holliday, I hope next week everything will be done and I'll send you the demo.
    :
    : Sorry again
    : Dan Selaru
    :

Ok, I'll wait for that.