Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Video card problem! Need Help!!!

amicamic Posts: 4Member
Hi,

I have a problem at work with a workstation (Win 95) on which is a NeoMagic Magic Graph video card and a monochrome monitor (Dec POS 2).
There run a DOS application (write in Clipper) in the Windows command prompt that access CCMail (Lotus). Application work in text mode and use shades of gray. Everything works OK until the ccMail is accessed. Colors changed and some frames are not redraw well when the returning in the Clipper application.
The same computer (means the same Central Unit) with another monochrome monitor works well.
Can anybody help me? I don't know what can I do...
I saved video palette into a file before call ccMail and to restore it after return(working directly on ports 3C7, 3c8 and 3C9). Seems that work fine but when is made a mode initialization the state are changed again. Can CCMail changed a flag which keep the video text mode.
Or should I save the entire video state and restore after? If yes, how can I do this? I have no background in video programming, I've studied Assembler years ago (8), and I currently work in C. Now I have to resolve this problem (you know, the boss who pushing ...) and I don't know what to do.

Any suggestion is wellcomed.

Thanks,
Amic

Comments

• SorathSorath Posts: 26Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have a problem at work with a workstation (Win 95) on which is a NeoMagic Magic Graph video card and a monochrome monitor (Dec POS 2).
    : There run a DOS application (write in Clipper) in the Windows command prompt that access CCMail (Lotus). Application work in text mode and use shades of gray. Everything works OK until the ccMail is accessed. Colors changed and some frames are not redraw well when the returning in the Clipper application.
    : The same computer (means the same Central Unit) with another monochrome monitor works well.
    : Can anybody help me? I don't know what can I do...
    : I saved video palette into a file before call ccMail and to restore it after return(working directly on ports 3C7, 3c8 and 3C9). Seems that work fine but when is made a mode initialization the state are changed again. Can CCMail changed a flag which keep the video text mode.
    : Or should I save the entire video state and restore after? If yes, how can I do this? I have no background in video programming, I've studied Assembler years ago (8), and I currently work in C. Now I have to resolve this problem (you know, the boss who pushing ...) and I don't know what to do.
    :
    : Any suggestion is wellcomed.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Amic
    :
    : Amic, I am not really good in troubleshooting VGA card problems but here goes. The problem might be that the video mode required to operate the application for CCMail may not be the video mode supported by the Clipper program. And you say you are good in C so why not make a program that would reside in memory and make it act as a screen buffer of some sort. When you invoke the CCMail the program maps the video information to an appropriate memory block and when you change to Clipper it is restored the the approprite block.
    :
    :
    :