Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

interfacing with parallel port in win2000/NT

I was able to use these C functions (inportb/outportb) to write/read from the parallel port fine in win98. (dos window, of course)

when i try to run the same program in win2000/winNT they seem to have no effect whatsoever.

do these functions only work in win95/98?

cheers....

Comments

• Will_SantanaWill_Santana Posts: 20Member
    : I was able to use these C functions (inportb/outportb) to write/read from the parallel port fine in win98. (dos window, of course)
    :
    : when i try to run the same program in win2000/winNT they seem to have no effect whatsoever.
    :
    : do these functions only work in win95/98?
    :
    : cheers....
    :

Hope it's not too late to write, it, but I've joined this Msg Board this week.

Under Win NT based systems ALL programs runs in protected mode, and even inline assembly is controled. You CAN'T access the hardware port directly, no matter what you do. You should use a kernel module to do it (once NT does not uses the VxD system)
    Search for more information in MS page and look for DDKs in the MSDN pages

Hope it helps

Will Santana

• Z0diacZ0diac Posts: 5Member
    IT DOESNT WORK IN WIN2000!
    dont know why
    strange....