Appending a - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Appending a

vchilivchili Posts: 1Member
Hi,

I have a frame system page. I desire to load an array found in say FRAMEA into FRAMEB. The problem is that I name them generically based on how many Database records are returned.

The problem lies in the array naming scheme "a0, a1, .... an". I tried this:

[code]

[blue]
var arrayName; [green]//name of array to be fetch in other frame [/green]
var total = parent.parent.hidden.counter; [green]//total arrays created, fetched from other frame [/green]
var index = 0; [green] //array indexer [/green]

while (index < total)
{
arrayName = "a" + index; [green]//name scheme as above, a0, a1.... [/green]
document.write(arrayName); [green] // this prints out correctly, say for index = 0, output is "a0" [/green]
index = index + 1;
var Message = parent.parent.hidden.arrayName; [green] // HERE IS THE PROBLEM, the variable should be called: a0, a1, ..., an
// I am instead placing a variable's NAME instead!![/green]
document.write('bla');
}
[/blue]
[/code]

Please, can anybody help me ASAP. This is bugging me. If anything, give me alternative methods.

Thanks,

Vadim C.