Updated the messageboard - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Updated the messageboard

Today I upgraded the messageboard to the next generation and I hope you all like it.

Some of the new features are:

* Personal login account to give you:
- Personal settings and preferences
- See new posts since your last login
- Bookmark messages for later viewing
- Email notification, receive an email as soon as
someone replies to a thread of your choice.
- Autologin using a cookie
- Signature that can be added to the end of your posts

* Privacy, you can now hide your email adress

* User selected number of posts to display per page

* Hide or show the threads in the message-list

* Delete your own messages (if no replies have been
posted). This is limited so that you can only
delete the message within the same day as it was posted.

* Added a Printer friendly messages feature. Click on
the "Printer Friendly" link and you will get a nice
looking page ready for printing.

* Improved the userinterface.

Please let me know what you think about this new board!

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]

Comments

• Null and VoidNull and Void Posts: 1,202Member
    From what I've seen, this is a big improvement ;).

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Thanks!

I hope you like it and don't forget to tell me if you find any bugs or got any ideas on how it can be improved!

• iDaZeiDaZe Posts: 464Member
    hmmm, looks nice, but ehhh ... there's something about the colors ... don't know if the green/grey thing is really working (but, it could just be my chronic sleep deprivation ;-) )

I am aware that the colors aren't the best, but I am planning to make a total redesign of the site later this year.

//WEBMASTER

: hmmm, looks nice, but ehhh ... there's something about the colors ... don't know if the green/grey thing is really working (but, it could just be my chronic sleep deprivation ;-) )
    :

• JamesJames Posts: 217Member
    Hey, I LIKE the colors...pea soup is one of my favorite foods.

: I am aware that the colors aren't the best, but I am planning to make a total redesign of the site later this year.
    :
    : //WEBMASTER
    :
    : : hmmm, looks nice, but ehhh ... there's something about the colors ... don't know if the green/grey thing is really working (but, it could just be my chronic sleep deprivation ;-) )
    : :
    :
    :

• Null and VoidNull and Void Posts: 1,202Member
    When you go to the login screen, the [b]User Name/Email[/b] is meant to be your User Name [b]or[/b] Email, right? If I enter my user name, it says that my email address contains illegal characters (the spaces I assume). Maybe you should have it check if it is my user name first, and if there is no user with that name, check my email. Only if there is no user with my name does it check for illegal email address characters.

Hope that conveyed the error I meant to report correctly ;).

Thanks for letting me know, I have solved the bug and it was the both the space and uppercase thingy that was buggy, now now it works.