Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Keyboard (Int 16h Int 9h or port 60h)?????????

What I want to do is read every single key that is being pressed down at any point in timefor use in a fast action game. At frist I thought that INT 16h was the answer but I've been told it's not. After a lot of reading I've picked up an few keywords 16h Port 60h

and making a tsr. Can somebody in plan english just say what I want to do so I get get on with it rather than me not knowing where to look.

Also is the an interrupt to turn off screen refresh and then turn it on again. to reduce fliker in a game.

Comments

• : What I want to do is read every single key that is being pressed down at any point in timefor use in a fast action game. At frist I thought that INT 16h was the answer but I've been told it's not. After a lot of reading I've picked up an few keywords 16h Port 60h

: and making a tsr. Can somebody in plan english just say what I want to do so I get get on with it rather than me not knowing where to look.

: Also is the an interrupt to turn off screen refresh and then turn it on again. to reduce fliker in a game.

For the keyboard problem...

You need to create a keyboard controller. Everytime that a key is p[ressed or released, int 9h (irg 1) is called. So your controller has to hook interrupt 9

• holusholus Member Posts: 2
    You should use port 60 for making a game en int 16 for a text editor for example. Port 60 has a few benefits. It give a code for releasing a key.
    It is a long time ago but I thing NOT (key when pressed)

You still have to read INT 16 of disable it. Otherwise you get a buffer overflow beep.