line wrap disabled after [ / c o d e ] tag - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

line wrap disabled after [ / c o d e ] tag

If you put some code between the "code tags" thus:
[code]
some code here
[/code]

And then you put some more plain text here thus: It will no longer wrap when it is posted. It just sails off into never-never land....

Comments

• This is a very strange bug.

I ran the page through a HTML validator program without any major complaints on the page.

The page lookes just find in Opera and Netscape but in Explorer you see the bug.

So, its some kind of Explorer unique bug that I have solved by adding "
    " to the end of the [ / code ] tag.

seems to reset the HTML rendering/word-wrapping unit in Explorer.

Its not a nice solution , but I can't find any solution it it. If you got any solution then please let me know.

The problem is the
    tags that doesn't work. Even after removing ..

/WEBMASTER

: If you put some code between the "code tags" thus:
    : [code]
    : some code here
    : [/code]
    :
    : And then you put some more plain text here thus: It will no longer wrap when it is posted. It just sails off into never-never land....
    :