Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

demos to screensavers

I've written a couple of demos that would look cool as screensavers, but simply renaming the exe to ".scr" (Windows95) doesn't do the trick. Is there a specific file format? And maybe even a conversion utility? If I wan't an options dialog, is there a way to do that w/DOS code, or does it have to be Win32 native?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• rhiananrhianan Posts: 2Member
    Firstly you obviously want to change your demo so it exits if a key is pressed or the mouse is moved.

To display the dialog box Windows calls the screensaver with the option /c.

To generate the preview (in the Display properties window) Windows calls the screen saver with the /p option.

• rhiananrhianan Posts: 2Member
    After looking at some of the files on here i'll add this:

According to the Topsourc files on ph you should make sure that the...

'Application title must always be: SCRNSAVE "program name"'

...and that when you exit you should tell windows you have...(this is their vb code for it)

'dummy% = SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE, 1, ByVal 0&, 0)'