Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

onChange option, please help!

Hello,
I'm a new JavaScript student, I was given a project where I have to create a SELECT menu and type 3 URS so that when you change URL, it'll take you to the selected URL, we have to do this using JavaScript, This is what I've got so far:

Chose your Destiny
Viva
SuperEstrella
Yahoo

Also, we have to crate a text area, 3 buttons with the name of a state, when you click on the button, the text area has to display the state marked on the button you clicked on.
This is what I got so far:
STATE:

CA&nbsp &nbsp
NY&nbsp &nbsp
TN&nbsp &nbsp

We have to use JavaScript for this also, class started 2 weeks ago and they havent taught us much.
Thank yuo very much in advance for your help.

Napoleon

Comments

• Chose your Destiny
    Viva
    SuperEstrella
    Yahoo

To go to a new url, set the location property of window to a new url. Example:

window.location='http://www.programmersheaven.com'

STATE:

CA
    NY
    TN

Use the onClick function to do something when a button is clicked. Use the value property of a text box to change its text. ie:

message.value='Welcome to my Site!'

Hope this helps,
    Matt(AA)

: Hello,
    : I'm a new JavaScript student, I was given a project where I have to create a SELECT menu and type 3 URS so that when you change URL, it'll take you to the selected URL, we have to do this using JavaScript, This is what I've got so far:
    :
    : Chose your Destiny
    : Viva
    : SuperEstrella
    : Yahoo
    :
    :
    : Also, we have to crate a text area, 3 buttons with the name of a state, when you click on the button, the text area has to display the state marked on the button you clicked on.
    : This is what I got so far:
    :
    STATE:
    :

: CA
    : NY
    : TN
    :

: We have to use JavaScript for this also, class started 2 weeks ago and they havent taught us much.
    : Thank yuo very much in advance for your help.
    :
    : Napoleon
    :

• :
    : Chose your Destiny
    : Viva
    : SuperEstrella
    : Yahoo
    :
    :
    : To go to a new url, set the location property of window to a new url. Example:
    :
    : window.location='http://www.programmersheaven.com'
    :
    :
    STATE:
    :

: CA
    : NY
    : TN
    :

:
    : Use the onClick function to do something when a button is clicked. Use the value property of a text box to change its text. ie:
    :
    :
    : message.value='Welcome to my Site!'
    :
    : Hope this helps,
    : Matt(AA)
    :
    : : Hello,
    : : I'm a new JavaScript student, I was given a project where I have to create a SELECT menu and type 3 URS so that when you change URL, it'll take you to the selected URL, we have to do this using JavaScript, This is what I've got so far:
    : :
    : : Chose your Destiny
    : : Viva
    : : SuperEstrella
    : : Yahoo
    : : Also, we have to crate a text area, 3 buttons with the name of a state, when you click on the button, the text area has to display the state marked on the button you clicked on.
    : : This is what I got so far:
    STATE:

: : CA
    : : NY
    : : TN

: : We have to use JavaScript for this also, class started 2 weeks ago and they havent taught us much.
    : : Thank yuo very much in advance for your help.
    : : Napoleon
    :
    :