A Few Things.... - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

A Few Things....

Hi,

Things are getting better here. :-) Unfortunately there are still one or two things:-

1) Smileys - I don't know if this is netscape specific, but the smileys don't show up! Just an empty box.

2) When I want to paste HTML code it goes whacko! Look:

Index

Nice and confusing on the web design board! :-) (Hope you can see that smiley! ;-))

And also, what may be nice is an option like at EE where you can have an update mailed to you if a thread is updated. But whatever you do, make it optional and don't require people to log in. I prefer here to EE as it loads quicker and I don't need to log in.

Thanks!

Jonathan

URL:http://www.downloadcounter.com/

Comments

• Thanks for your reply.

1. Thanks for finding the smilies bug, it have been corrected now and they do now show up in Netscape as well.

2. What is the problem with the .... pasted HTML code?

3. An automatic email when someone replies to a thread is coming next week. As well as a login system, but it will support autologin using a cookie . So, check back at the end of next week for that.

/WEBMASTER

• Hi!

: 1. Thanks for finding the smilies bug, it have been corrected now and
    : they do now show up in Netscape as well.
    Thanks! Nice to be able to smile again. ;-)

: 2. What is the problem with the .... pasted HTML code?
    Uh, you fixed it! D'oh! I guess it ain't a problem any more in that case. Basically the < was showing up as < and so on.

: 3. An automatic email when someone replies to a thread is coming next week.
    : As well as a login system, but it will support autologin using a cookie . So, check
    : back at the end of next week for that.
    Hey, talk about quick response times! This message board is getting better and better. I guess that the log-in thing will be optional, and only there if you want to use features like email when message is updated and so on?

Thanks for the site!

Jonathan