Welcome to the C# (C-Sharp) Messageboard - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Welcome to the C# (C-Sharp) Messageboard

Welcome to the new C# (C-Sharp) messageboard!

/WEBMASTER

Comments

• thank u webmaster

: Welcome to the new C# (C-Sharp) messageboard!
    :
    : /WEBMASTER
    :

• : Welcome to the new C# (C-Sharp) messageboard!
    :
    : /WEBMASTER
    :

• I've never even HEARD of C#! Haven't been living under a rock exactly - or have I? I just started learning C++. Do I need to switch?

• Do not swich from C++ to C#! You should learn C++. Its a great launguage. C++ is powerful, portible, and userfirendly. Stick with it and you will be rewarded!

-C^2

• exactly.. just keep ur eyes open on c# and be ready when the times come!

but i have to disagree

c++ is not powerful! its low level (read pointers) everything else u do that is not pointer-based for example array indexing would be as slow as any other language.

portable? .. for shell scripts maybe. what can u possibly write these days without a gui and/or the need to interact with the net?

userfriendly.. can u say templates? how about those 10K error messages?

: Do not swich from C++ to C#! You should learn C++. Its a great launguage. C++ is powerful, portible, and userfirendly. Stick with it and you will be rewarded!
    :
    : -C^2
    :
    :

• : exactly.. just keep ur eyes open on c# and be ready when the times come!
    :
    : but i have to disagree
    :
    : c++ is not powerful! its low level (read pointers) everything else u do that is not pointer-based for example array indexing would be as slow as any other language.
    :
    : portable? .. for shell scripts maybe. what can u possibly write these days without a gui and/or the need to interact with the net?
    :
    : userfriendly.. can u say templates? how about those 10K error messages?
    :
    : : Do not swich from C++ to C#! You should learn C++. Its a great launguage. C++ is powerful, portible, and userfirendly. Stick with it and you will be rewarded!
    : :
    : : -C^2
    :
    :
    Does C# use pointers?

• yes, u can use pointers in c#:

int x = 10;

System.Console.WriteLine( "Before = {0}", x );

// use pointers
    fixed( int* p = &x )
    {
    *p = 11;
    }

System.Console.WriteLine( "After = {0}", x );

u will get

however, if u use code like the above, ur program is "untrusted" would only run depending on security settings or a digital signature.

apply "i think" to all the above!

• : c++ is not powerful! its low level (read pointers) everything else u do that is not pointer-based for example array indexing would be as slow as any other language.

Not at all. C++ does no array bounds checking, which is in just about every other language, making array indexing fast. C++ tends to do very little checking, which makes it fast.

: userfriendly.. can u say templates?

Which in my opinion is the single biggest omission from C#. I've always been a great believer in 'let the compiler catch the error'; if I accidentally put a String in a collection of Integers, I won't find out about it until I get a runtime error reading from the collection... which might be some considerable time later.
    --
    Sunlight

• hi,
    anyone plz tell me, from where i can get only c# compiler, not the whole .NET fromework cuz its 110mb and my connection suxs.