Welcome to the C# (C-Sharp) Messageboard - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the C# (C-Sharp) Messageboard

Welcome to the new C# (C-Sharp) messageboard!

/WEBMASTER

Comments

• thank u webmaster

: Welcome to the new C# (C-Sharp) messageboard!
    :
    : /WEBMASTER
    :

• : Welcome to the new C# (C-Sharp) messageboard!
    :
    : /WEBMASTER
    :

• I've never even HEARD of C#! Haven't been living under a rock exactly - or have I? I just started learning C++. Do I need to switch?

• Do not swich from C++ to C#! You should learn C++. Its a great launguage. C++ is powerful, portible, and userfirendly. Stick with it and you will be rewarded!

-C^2

• exactly.. just keep ur eyes open on c# and be ready when the times come!

but i have to disagree

c++ is not powerful! its low level (read pointers) everything else u do that is not pointer-based for example array indexing would be as slow as any other language.

portable? .. for shell scripts maybe. what can u possibly write these days without a gui and/or the need to interact with the net?

userfriendly.. can u say templates? how about those 10K error messages?

: Do not swich from C++ to C#! You should learn C++. Its a great launguage. C++ is powerful, portible, and userfirendly. Stick with it and you will be rewarded!
    :
    : -C^2
    :
    :

• : exactly.. just keep ur eyes open on c# and be ready when the times come!
    :
    : but i have to disagree
    :
    : c++ is not powerful! its low level (read pointers) everything else u do that is not pointer-based for example array indexing would be as slow as any other language.
    :
    : portable? .. for shell scripts maybe. what can u possibly write these days without a gui and/or the need to interact with the net?
    :
    : userfriendly.. can u say templates? how about those 10K error messages?
    :
    : : Do not swich from C++ to C#! You should learn C++. Its a great launguage. C++ is powerful, portible, and userfirendly. Stick with it and you will be rewarded!
    : :
    : : -C^2
    :
    :
    Does C# use pointers?

• yes, u can use pointers in c#:

int x = 10;

System.Console.WriteLine( "Before = {0}", x );

// use pointers
    fixed( int* p = &x )
    {
    *p = 11;
    }

System.Console.WriteLine( "After = {0}", x );

u will get

however, if u use code like the above, ur program is "untrusted" would only run depending on security settings or a digital signature.

apply "i think" to all the above!

• : c++ is not powerful! its low level (read pointers) everything else u do that is not pointer-based for example array indexing would be as slow as any other language.

Not at all. C++ does no array bounds checking, which is in just about every other language, making array indexing fast. C++ tends to do very little checking, which makes it fast.

: userfriendly.. can u say templates?

Which in my opinion is the single biggest omission from C#. I've always been a great believer in 'let the compiler catch the error'; if I accidentally put a String in a collection of Integers, I won't find out about it until I get a runtime error reading from the collection... which might be some considerable time later.
    --
    Sunlight

• hi,
    anyone plz tell me, from where i can get only c# compiler, not the whole .NET fromework cuz its 110mb and my connection suxs.