Saving A Variable's Current # So It Dont Change After Entered Again - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Saving A Variable's Current # So It Dont Change After Entered Again

i have a variable in witch it is defiend and im trying to make a high score list basicly and i cannot figure out how to save it so it dont reset after re-entry how can i do this?

Comments

• : i have a variable in witch it is defiend and im trying to make a high score list basicly and i cannot figure out how to save it so it dont reset after re-entry how can i do this?
    :

Hey Spartacus,

I usually save my highscores in a file. When the program is loaded again the file is read and the old highscores are loaded.

To save a variable to a file.

OPEN "FILENAME.HIS" FOR OUTPUT AS #1
    WRITE #1, name$,score%
    CLOSE #1

To read it:

OPEN "FILENAME.HIS" FOR INPUT AS #1
    INPUT #1, name$,score%
    CLOSE #1

You can save all kinds of info using files. You can even print text files.

My examples might have an error or two, but that's basicly how to do it.

• : i have a variable in witch it is defiend and im trying to make a high score list basicly and i cannot figure out how to save it so it dont reset after re-entry how can i do this?
    :

Hi-yo Sparticus!

Freind's idea of saving the scores in a file will work even on re-entry to the program. If all you want is to retain the variable value between sub calls, use the keyword STATIC.

Enjoy!

Al

:

Hi-yo Sparticus!

Freind's idea of saving the scores in a file will work even on re-entry to the program. If all you want is to retain the variable value between sub calls, use the keyword STATIC.

Enjoy!

Al