Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

FLASH WEB UPLOADING

When I upload my flash onto the web with the .swf file, when I later goto the URL all I see is a black page, and no animation, what am I doing wrong? Do I need to upload more to my remote site or ...????

Comments

• Did you use the publish feature in Flash to export the .swf and html file for it?

Also, on some servers, the .swf file must reside in the same directory as the html file that emebeds the Flash movie (.swf)

I dont know why this happens but on the server i use, i must have the main flash (.swf) file in the same directory as the html file. Weird i know. But all submovies that may be loaded into a main movie can reside any where on your server and be loaded fine.

Next question, may sound stupid but are you using Netscape as your browser? If so, have to embeded the flash in to a Table?

If you have this can some times cause problems and just make the black box appear. Try removing the table and just embeding the flash normally.

Whats the URL and I can take a look for you.

Laters

Dean

URL:http://www.intervisionz.net

• : When I upload my flash onto the web with the .swf file, when I later goto the URL all I see is a black page, and no animation, what am I doing wrong? Do I need to upload more to my remote site or ...????
    :

also some webservers don't accept .swf files at all. or some webservers have a script stopping them. don't use homestead, they change your uploads.

try another server, it might fix your problem