Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Basic knowledge for WAP

hi

I am interested in this very new trend in tech.But i am not a engg. gratudate.So, i would like to know what r the basic requirements for learning WAP, And how much do i need to know about the protocols and mobile comm.Plz Find time to let me know.
thanx for ur time
bye

Comments

• : I am interested in this very new trend in tech.But i am not a engg. gratudate.So, i would like to know what r the basic requirements for learning WAP, And how much do i need to know about the protocols and mobile comm.Plz Find time to let me know.

Most of the issues such as protocols, etc, are handled in the WAP gateways. The cell phone providers usually have their own gateway setup. You just have to decide what language to use, how to process data (ie: CGI, PERL, AFP, etc) and learn about the process WAP uses to transfer messages. I prefer to use WML as it is releated to XML which I also use. But remember the WML/XML is a very strict (unforgiving) language.

Tom

• baribogbaribog Member Posts: 17
    : : I am interested in this very new trend in tech.But i am not a engg. gratudate.So, i would like to know what r the basic requirements for learning WAP, And how much do i need to know about the protocols and mobile comm.Plz Find time to let me know.
    :
    : Most of the issues such as protocols, etc, are handled in the WAP gateways. The cell phone providers usually have their own gateway setup. You just have to decide what language to use, how to process data (ie: CGI, PERL, AFP, etc) and learn about the process WAP uses to transfer messages. I prefer to use WML as it is releated to XML which I also use. But remember the WML/XML is a very strict (unforgiving) language.
    :
    : Tom
    :
    :
    :
    I find WML quite easy for internet wapsite design. a good editor is the WAPtop, it does a little code validation for you and colour codes your tage so you can see things open and close.

XML is another story... i just don't get it.

• sizsiz Member Posts: 1
    : : : I am interested in this very new trend in tech.But i am not a engg. gratudate.So, i would like to know what r the basic requirements for learning WAP, And how much do i need to know about the protocols and mobile comm.Plz Find time to let me know.
    : :
    : : Most of the issues such as protocols, etc, are handled in the WAP gateways. The cell phone providers usually have their own gateway setup. You just have to decide what language to use, how to process data (ie: CGI, PERL, AFP, etc) and learn about the process WAP uses to transfer messages. I prefer to use WML as it is releated to XML which I also use. But remember the WML/XML is a very strict (unforgiving) language.
    : : Tom
    : I find WML quite easy for internet wapsite design. a good editor is the WAPtop, it does a little code validation for you and colour codes your tage so you can see things open and close.
    :
    : XML is another story... i just don't get it.
    :