Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

New feature: Show latest threads

Hi!

I hope you like the new thread filter feature.

Please let me know what you think about it, if you
find any bugs or how it can be improved!

I also tweaked the link colors in the thread-list to
make it more readable.

[blue][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/blue]

Comments

• : Hi!
    :
    : I hope you like the new thread filter feature.
    :
    : Please let me know what you think about it, if you
    : find any bugs or how it can be improved!
    :
    : I also tweaked the link colors in the thread-list to
    : make it more readable.

That's cool, it's a step in the right direction, but it's not the same as having threads automatically sorted by last update. If you really want to build community, this is [i]far[/i] more important that smileys or colored text. Virtually every form of electronic discussion (BBS, web board, newsgroup, etc) has threads sorted by activity. If someone adds a comment to a month old thread, it should be moved to the top of the list, otherwise the comment will [i]never get noticed[/i].

Right now, threads die out prematurely because it gets scrolled out of view by more recent postings. It doesn't matter how active it is - it could be the hottest discussion the board has ever seen, eventually it will get pushed down behind newer post. This kills discussions. Anything that kills discussions, kills community. If you really want to build a user base, this should be your first priority. It's much more important that email notification.

Cheer,
    Eric

• thanks for your comments and I realy like to get feedback from the users of this community.

I hope you like todays new feature that will make it possible for you to choose the sorting order in the thread list. I hope this feature makes you happy!

/WEBMASTER