Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Messageboard update

Today I upgraded the message posting and message reply forms
with better usability and error handling. I hope you like it.

This is step #1 to a better messageboard that I am now
working on....

/WEBMASTER

Comments

• 'better usability'
    hogwash. it is more difficult to use it now.

'error handling'
    is 'subject too short' and ERROR? is 'no email' and ERROR ? BULL.
    i don't think you know that you are only ruining the boards by these new deisgn changes! think it over! if needed, post a msg to your own boards asking for tips ! or are you too smug with yourself? get a life !

• I have removed the check for email and lowered the minimum-limit for the subject(min 4) and message (min 15).

I belive that a serious post in this messageboard should contain atleast 4 characters and that the message-text body should contain more than 15 characters to have a meaning.

I added this limit to force you to write more in each post to raise the quality of the posts.

Please give me your coments on this matter.

/WEBMASTER

• Yes, i think that is good. Also, why not get rid of the 'Re:' that comes auto when replying to a msg ? it becomes 'Re:Re:Re:Re:xxxx' in multiple posts...and leaves lesser space for the actual subject matter. also, why not make the msgboards columnized ? i will post a HTML file to this effect in a little while.

ciAO!
    Bikram

• Regarding the Re: , I could add that it only ads Re: if there is no Re: already. to make sure that only one Re: is shown.

What do you mean with making it columnized ?? Showing the entire message thread on one page? That choice is coming soon.

Lots of changes are on its way and I am not working on a community where you can login and get more features. If you
    got any ideas , please let me know.

/WEBMASTER

: Yes, i think that is good. Also, why not get rid of the 'Re:' that comes auto when replying to a msg ? it becomes 'Re:Re:Re:Re:xxxx' in multiple posts...and leaves lesser space for the actual subject matter. also, why not make the msgboards columnized ? i will post a HTML file to this effect in a little while.
    :
    : ciAO!
    : Bikram
    :