It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Aspose team is pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.4.0. It has specifically focused towards stability of existing features for PDF files creation as well as manipulation. Aspose.Pdf for .NET is widely being used by many customers and trusted name due to its robustness and reliability on various platforms. Therefore apart from standard desktop versions of Windows, it is equally supported on Server editions of Windows and users can use it in Desktop and Web Enterprise Applications. Keeping same aspects of stability and reliability in mind, with every new release, Aspose team are introducing some exciting new features as well as strive to bring more stability to existing features of API. Therefore in this new release, Aspose team has made improvements in PDF to PDF/A conversion feature to cater more customers scenarios and to handle documents with different structure and complexity. This API is also amazing in Text manipulation, whether its Text Addition, Text extraction, Text Search or Text replacement. However in this release, Aspose team has specifically improved the Text extraction feature and many of the customers reported issues related to this feature have been fixed in this release version. Furthermore, the PDF file conversion to other supported file formats is also improved. Ever since the release of the first MergedAPI version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0 in July-2011, it has included the Classes and Enumerations from legacy Aspose.Pdf for .NET under Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace, the Classes and Enumerations of legacy Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET under Aspose.Pdf.Facades namespace and a new Document Object Model for PDF files creation as well as manipulation under Aspose.Pdf namespace. The legacy Aspose.Pdf.Generator only provided the capabilities to create PDF documents from scratch and legacy Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET provided the functionality to manipulate existing PDF files. But the new DOM approach of Aspose.Pdf namespace facilitates the creation of PDF files from scratch; as well as manipulation of existing PDF files. So in order to minimize / eliminate the confusion of customers to stumbled upon between legacy Aspose.Pdf.Generator and new Aspose.Pdf namespace, starting next release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.5, Aspose team is going to discontinue Aspose.Pdf.Generator namespace from API. Nevertheless, the new DOM approach contains all the features offered by legacy Aspose.Pdf.Generator. This change may impact some customers who haven’t yet migrated their code from legacy Aspose.Pdf.Generator to new DOM approach, but Aspose team is always delighted to help Aspose customers and would love to facilitate them regarding their migration towards new DOM. Also please note that with this change, the size of product binaries will also be reduced. The list of important new and improved features are given below
• The flattened file from XFA form cannot be opened in Chrome or Firefox.
• Create separate local links for duplicate text
• NullReferenceException is thrown when trying to get artifact text
• ArgumentException is thrown when trying to get artifact text
• Exception when trying to load PDF document
• Exception when trying to get signature names
• Exception thrown when trying to get the names of the fields in a form
• PDF to PDFA conversion performance issue
• Failed to validate PDF_X_3 and PDF_X_1A
• Stamp looks incorrect when size and rotate angle are set
• Convert Web Page to PDF - bad layout
• When PDF is converted to PDF_A_1B, the text looks different
• For Helvetica and Courier fonts, page number in the TOC entry is missing
• When PDF is converted to DOCX, the text is missing.(converted to image)
• Images not rendered to next page
• PDF to PDFA1b conversion results in-compliant PDFA document
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.