It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Jr. PHP Developer
PartnerWeekly • Las Vegas, Nevada
Come work with us in the exciting city of Las Vegas! We have an awesome work environment that offers competitive pay with excellent medical/dental, 401K and vacation benefits to offer you!
Summary As a Jr PHP Developer, you will work alongside senior members of a highly collaborative team while developing on a variety of websites and web services. You will primarily be utilizing PHP 5.3+ and MySQL, with opportunities to leverage other technologies as necessary. You can expect the job to be challenging, fun, and rewarding - allowing you to grow your skills as a developer and make meaningful contributions to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The primary job responsibility for the Jr PHP Developer position is to provide PHP programming and functionality for a wide variety of consumer-related websites and web-based applications. Developers are challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways.
Jr PHP Developers will be expected to:
• Develop on a LAMP stack
• Understand basics of Object Oriented Programming principles and design patterns
• Write SQL queries to analyze large data sets across multiple tables or databases
• Understand the concepts of normalization and indexing in MySQL
• Have experience with IDEs and other development tools
• Securely integrate with internal and external APIs using REST or SOAP
• Utilize version control systems (GIT preferred)
• Think critically to solve complex, multi-dimensional problems within time constraints
• Possess excellent analysis, research, and troubleshooting skills
• Collaborate within cross-functional teams and coordinate efforts among members
• Participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle
• Produce documentation including flow charts, technical specifications, and API docs
• Participate in peer code reviews and accept feedback from others regarding your code
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
• …and most of all, be eager to learn and possess a drive to become a better developer!
Nice to have skills:
• Utilize ORM and Entity Management (Doctrine preferred)
• Develop within MVC frameworks (Symfony preferred)
• Debug and profile PHP applications using tools like Xdebug
• Write software using BDD/TDD principles leveraging PHPUnit and Behat tests
Please send your resume of interest to: