Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

string to xml math equation conversion

mark_neil2mark_neil2 Member Posts: 4

Hi,
I have a question to xml developers... I use MathCad for my math calculations, which saves calculations in xml format. Strings and equations have different formats in MathCad. I have some equations in string format that I need to convert to MathCad equations. MathCad has no tools to convert equations in string format to MathCad equations in xml format. I have so many lengthy equations saved in Notepad that it is not practical to type them in MathCad one by one. So I need to have an exe file that takes equations in string format and convert them to xml format so that I can open in MathCad. My equations use very limited set of math operators (division, multiplication, substruction, addition, power).
I showed a simple example formula below in string format that is saved in Notepad.

((abc)s^2+(cda)s+ac)/((cde)s^2+(fgj)s+df*p)

My equations are much longer than the one above. All my equations are saved in Notepad. Equations should be in xml format for MathCad to treat them as equations. I just need a code that translates the equations in string format (like the one above) to xml code that I can open in Mathcad as equations.
I am not a programmer and I have zero experience with xml. I wonder if someone can help me with my task.

Mark.