Borland Turbo C 2.01 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Borland Turbo C 2.01

tienkhoanguyentienkhoanguyen houPosts: 158Member

I have found Borland Turbo C 2.01 restrictive. On newer computers such as Microsoft Windows 8, it is not working unless you use DOSbox. However, it has been working fine on Microsoft Windows XP (at least the 32-bit version anyways). MS-DOS 6.22 runs it fine except it does NOT have graphics. To make matters worst, I have found on HP2000-2d24DX if you install older versions of Microsoft Windows (before Windows 7), you may not have graphics drivers. So there are a lot of considers to understand before using Borland Turbo C 2.01 however it is my preferred compiler and only recommendation. I have used Tiny C compiler and GCC for C as well which are both free, and do not like them. Even though Borland Turbo C 2.01 is restrictive and old and limited to 16-bit I like it. Just my preference. Call it programmer idiosyncracies haha

Comments