Want to Convert Old Pascal Program to Something Windows-Based - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Want to Convert Old Pascal Program to Something Windows-Based

raywoodraywood Posts: 1Member

I have a short Pascal script that someone wrote for me in 1982. I found it useful. I would like to use it again. Are there Pascal programmers who would know how to convert this program into something that would run on Windows 7?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• IcepickleIcepickle GermanyPosts: 49Member

I 've worked with Pascal end of the 90's, i can take a look at it, but would choose a more modern language to reimplement it :)

• anfelinuxanfelinux VenezuelaPosts: 1Member

I suggest Free Pascal Compiler, free software project hosted by sourceforge. Used with Geany is IDE, works good for Pascal and Delphi programming. If you want to make a bigger devel, I suggest Lazarus. It´s based on Free Pascal compiler but has a very interesting IDE for Windows development (many controls: buttoms, labels timers, etc alike VB). Both projects are cross platform with Linux. Lazarus states: write once, compile everywhere. In my newby opinion, a good RAD system. Hope this info to be useful for you

• IcepickleIcepickle GermanyPosts: 49Member

I have already ported it to C# console app for Raywood, so in that sense, he should be fine :)