Detection of Keyboard layout change - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Detection of Keyboard layout change

dbardhandbardhan indiaPosts: 0Member

Hello, I am using Borland Embaracodero RAD Studio 7 and I want to trap a windows event of keyboard layout change. Ex. If some one changes his/her key board layout from say English to Arabic then my application will notify and will throw a message,it was the intend. I found in MSDN that there is a Message type called WM_INPUTLANGCHANGEREQUEST which needs to be used to identify the event. But Unfortunately the control is not reaching to the desired code block for changing keyboard layout.

I tried the code like as follows but it NOT work. anyone can help?

void __fastcall TFormMain::WndProc(TMessage &Msg) {

if (Msg.Msg ==WM_INPUTLANGCHANGEREQUEST) {

ShowMessage("KeyBoard Layout Changed"); // this will stop the message here

}
TForm::WndProc(Msg);

} __fastcall TFormMain::TFormMain(TComponent* Owner) : TForm(Owner) { this->WindowProc = WndProc; }