Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

web browser navigation and downloading

cruizrisnercruizrisner Posts: 7Member
in C#

I am trying to make an application that works with a well known youtube-mp3 converter to download the mp3 file without visiting the site (much more to add to the program later for easy of use but i need to get past my issue that im at now first, this is not a complete application ready for release)

first off, this is a windows form application and requires textBox1, webBrowser1, button1, button2, and button3

the issue: it seems to be working properly until button 3 (the actual download). it just refreshes the page that the browser is currently on as if it didnt put the whole fetched url in. however if u go into your normal browser, look up the source, copy the link from where it fetches it, and put it in your URL bar, it works. so i dont understand why my program isnt working. (also note that if i physically click download in the browser window in my application it works o.0 )

and here is the source:

` using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Drawing; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Threading.Tasks; using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace YTMP3
{
public partial class Form1 : Form

{
public Form1()
{

InitializeComponent();
}

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

if (textBox1.Text.StartsWith("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v="))
{
button2.Enabled = true;
}
else
{
button2.Enabled = false;
}
}

private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
webBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("youtube-url").SetAttribute("value", textBox1.Text);
webBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("submit").InvokeMember("click");
button3.Enabled = true;
}

private void button3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
HtmlElement download_link = webBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("dl_link");
HtmlElementCollection links = download_link.GetElementsByTagName("a");
string link = links[0].GetAttribute("href");
webBrowser1.Navigate(link);
}

private void textBox1_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

}

private void webBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(object sender, WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs e)
{
}
}
}`

anyone with some feedback? please and thank you

Comments

• cruizrisnercruizrisner Posts: 7Member

ah i think i figured out why. the website added a small prevention mechanism by adding multiple bunk href links (not visible or clickable) so that the program would gather them instead. anyway i can get my program to ignore them?