Windows and CE app from Same Source Code - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Windows and CE app from Same Source Code

parich007parich007 Chester-le-StreetPosts: 0Member
in C#

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to develop a c# based app using the .NET Compact Framework, which will run on both Win CE and Windows 7 from the same source code?

Regards Paul

Comments

• DiemongoDiemongo DenmarkPosts: 1Member

I don't know if you got any answers to you question, but I can tell you that it is possible! ;-) I have been working in the logistics-area for 8 years programming complete gui-statemachine-frameworks for warehouse-management-systems running with the exact same code on both Windows CE, Windows Mobile and the PC - even using a shared ORM between all three platforms. I'm using an abstract hardware class and #ifdef-statements to surround the code specific for CE and Mobile hardware-calls. You should also get the machine-name from the device in order to know which platform you're on to dertermine the concrete hardware-class to use. Just let me know if you have more questions or need more information. Regards Per Pasgaard (pasgaard@gmail.com)