Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Writing a C# program

cowgirl1996cowgirl1996 United StatesPosts: 6Member

Write a program for an Internet provider that displays a MessageBox asking users whether they want Internet access. If they do not, their total price is $0. If they do, display a second MessageBox asking whether they want limited access (at $10.95 per month) or unlimited access (at $19.95 per month). Display the total price in a third MessageBox. Title the program InternetAccess.

Here is my code so far:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace Internet
{
public partial class Form1 : Form
{
public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
DialogResult unlimited;
DialogResult choice = MessageBox.Show("Internet Services are available as limited access at $10.95 per month \n and unlimited access at $19.95 per month.\n Do you want internet connection?",
"Internet Service", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo);
if (choice == DialogResult.Yes)
unlimited = MessageBox.Show("Do you want unlimited package?", "Package", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo);
if (unlimited == DialogResult.Yes);
MessageBox.Show("Your price is $19.95 per month");
else;
MessageBox.Show("Your price is $10.95 per month");
else;
MessageBox.Show("display a total price of $0");
}
}
}

}

I'm not at all sure where I am going wrong!

Comments

• mk44mk44 UKPosts: 8Member

Well for a start an 'if' statement doesn't end in a semi-colon, and neither does 'else'.

• mazanujmazanuj Ukraine, KievPosts: 18Member

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    DialogResult unlimited;
    DialogResult choice = MessageBox.Show(@"Internet Services are available as limited access at $10.95 per month \n and unlimited access at $19.95 per month. \n Do you want internet connection?", "Internet Service", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo);
    if (choice == DialogResult.Yes)
    {
    unlimited = MessageBox.Show("Do you want unlimited package?", "Package", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo);
    if (unlimited == DialogResult.Yes)
    MessageBox.Show("Your price is $19.95 per month");
    else MessageBox.Show("Your price is $10.95 per month");
    }
    else MessageBox.Show("display a total price of $0");
    }

• HTMLKingKongHTMLKingKong UKPosts: 6Member

Although not strictly speaking necessary i would go with curly braces on all if statements for readability.

if (diaResult2 == DialogResult.Yes)
    {
    runningTotal = 10.95F;
    }

I presume you have this working now.