Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How can I tell the difference between source and published .NET code?

xarzuxarzu Posts: 8Member

How can I tell the difference between source and published .NET code?

I am looking at some inherited code that I have not touched in about a year. The original designer had me first publish locally before uploading the published code to the internet server. Now I am looking a number of backed up source folders as well bas backed up published folders. I should have done a better job at naming the folders, I guess. Now I wonder: How can I tell the difference between source and published .NET code? Is there some easy way to see if some folder that contains only published code is lacking a file or xml setting?

Is the .csproj file or the .sln file part of the code pushed to the server when you publish? What other differences are there that I are immediate and obvious?

Tagged: