Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Read 64bit registry from 32bit app, in VB.NET

3AgL3DJ3AgL3DJ ROMember Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in VB.NET

Hy guys.

I have a serious problem. I'm working on a project and i need to finish it tomorrow.

The problem is that i need to get a registry value, like this:

(32 bit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamSpeak 3 Client
(64 bit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamSpeak 3 Client

I read tons of forum topics, blogs, tutorials, and i can't find the answer. The idea is that i need to get the install path for TeamSpeak3 from registry, and for the 32bit app its stored in SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamSpeak 3 Client, but when i try to get the 64bit app path from SOFTWARE\TeamSpeak 3 Client i get the same path as the 32bit app.

I know i can bypass this by targeting 64bit CPUs. But I NEED to get the 64bit app path from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamSpeak 3 Client with my 32bit app.

How can i do that, IN VB.NET?

Please help! Thanks...

Tagged:

Comments

• 3AgL3DJ3AgL3DJ ROMember Posts: 2
        Dim TS__x64 As Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey = Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenBaseKey _
                                                (Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive.LocalMachine, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryView.Registry64)
        Dim CALE_TS__x64 As String = TS__x64.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\TeamSpeak 3 Client").GetValue(Nothing)

Dim TS__x32 As Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey = Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenBaseKey _
                                        (Microsoft.Win32.RegistryHive.LocalMachine, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryView.Registry32)
        Dim CALE_TS__x32 As String = TS__x32.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamSpeak 3 Client").GetValue(Nothing)

TextBox1.Text = CALE_TS__x64
        TextBox2.Text = CALE_TS__x32