How to permanently delete iPhone all data before selling?

tcpanstcpans usa
edited December 2013 in Off topic board

How to delete iPhone data before selling? How to wipe all file from iPhone before selling my iPhone? How to permanently erase information on iPhone before selling my old iPhone?
1. “I want to sell both of my Water Damaged Iphones, how do i delete the data permanently if they wont go on? “- crocket

1. Deleting info on iPhone?
    “I use my phone for a lot of things, therefore I have put a good amount of info in there over time. How can I delete whats in my phone before I sell it?” - BosKm

2. Does erase all content and settings securley wipe?
    “I want to sell my iphone 4 to a friend of mine. I used to have some business info on the phone but i deleted it. I know deleting stuff doesnt "really" delete stuff and while i trust my friend i worry if somebody would steal the phone from my friend they could recover the deleted data. Ive heard erase content and settings deletes the encryption key making old data unrecoverable but i don't know if its true. Whats the correct way to securely sanitize my iphone before sale.” - Superfan

4.How can I make sure my old iPhone memory is completely deleted before selling it?
“I want to sell my first generation iPhone, but want to make sure it has been completely cleaned of my personal data.” - PSU94

To delete iPhone data before selling, remember backup all your data, You can use iTunes or iCloud to backup the data on your old iPhone, or directly transfer it to your new phone or computer with a certain data transfer tool like iPhone Data Manager.

Delete data on the iPhone for selling: To ensure that the deleted data cannot be recovered by any data recovery software, you need to choose a reliable tool which can finish this work perfectly and won't remember any data by itself. Here my recommendation is iPhone Data Eraser. This software can smash everything on the iPhone, and even the government recovery facility can't retrieve anything on it. It's totally safe and easy to use. In additional,before selling your iPhone,you must to Delete Personal Data and Settings on iPhone.

Free Download the Data Eraser for iPhone (Windows)

Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer
Get your iPhone connected to the computer where Wondershare SafeEraser for iOS is installed.

Step 2. Choose a type of data erasing
Launch SafeEraser for iOS and choose the option of erase all data and settings to begin the data deletion. All data contains contacts, messages, call history, photos, videos, notes, apps, browser history, bookmarks, account info, passwords and other personal data.

Step 3. Start to erase all data on your iPhone
The process of data erasing will take you a little while. Keep your iPhone connected during the whole course.

When it's complete. Your iPhone gets started with a clean slate now.

Unlink/Unregister your iPhone: The last step you need to do is to unregister your iPhone from Apple's website so that it's no longer linked to your Apple ID. It's also a simple work.
Step 1. Go to the Apple's website here: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Step 2. Log in with your Apple ID and password.
Step 3. Find edit products and click on it.
Step 4. Click on the x to the right of the product.
Step 5. Click Unregister, and that's all.

Make a list of all your accounts like iCloud, Dropbox, Pandora, etc. Stop them all from linking to your iPhone. Then take the SIM card out of your iPhone and get it ready for selling on eBay or other sale places.

Tags: delete iPhone data before selling, delete sms on iPhone before selling, sell iphone delete all photo, deleted iPad data before selling

Comments