MySQL_connection error - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MySQL_connection error

DoomCarnageDoomCarnage Posts: 2Member
edited November 2013 in PHP

Hi. I have tried this on another computer and it worked but it does not work when I switch computer. It would be great if anyone help me to resolve this problem. I have been trying to solve this problem for hours but to no avail

The error code is this database connection error

I used the test branches to test where the program would end and realise it will not get pass this line mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'root') or die ('database connection error');

Perhaps it is my localhost problem. I been using port 90 and I tried substituting localhost to localhost:90 but does not work. Someone please enlightened me.

Part of my code session_start();

mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'root') or die ('database connection error'); mysql_select_db('cupcakes') or die(mysql_error());

$username=$_POST['username']; $password=$_POST['password'];

$loginprocess = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM register WHERE username = '$username' and password = '$password'"); $loginstatus = mysql_num_rows($loginprocess); if ($loginstatus != 1)........

Comments

• leenolanleenolan Posts: 7Member

Maybe something in your firewall, try adding port 90.

I don't think you can use localhost:90, you would need the ip address - 127.0.0.1:90

• DoomCarnageDoomCarnage Posts: 2Member

@leenolan said: Maybe something in your firewall, try adding port 90.

I don't think you can use localhost:90, you would need the ip address - 127.0.0.1:90

Sorry but I try to change the ip address to 127.0.0.1:90 and off my firewall but it does not work. I get an error code "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error"

• davidbxdavidbx navi mumbaiPosts: 1Member
    edited November 2013

It does not work when I switch computer. : Does your other system have same apache port setting to 90?, port: 80 & port: 8080 works well...! also cck for database in other system to match....this will resolve 'database connection error'); <?php $db = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'root', 'cupcakes') or die ('database connection error'); /// not needed mysql_select_db('cupcakes') or die(mysql_error()); $username=$_POST['username']; $password=$_POST['password']; $loginprocess = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM register WHERE username = '$username' and password = '$password'"); $loginstatus = mysql_num_rows($loginprocess); if ($loginstatus != 1){ // Login Successfull } else { // Sign Up, forget passwoord } mysqli_close($dbc); ?>

• sunlotussunlotus Posts: 55Member

mysql_connect(Host, db_username, db_password) ; by default, a DB server has no password and username is"root"; you have password "root" on your local machine, your localhost, but on another pc maybe you didn't add a password and you're trying to connect with a password